Evening Café Manager
Purpose: To ensure smooth daily cafe operations. Responsible for café staff performance and food quality.
Status: Full-time salaried management position. Reports to board of directors. Member of the worker’s collective.
I. Cafe operations.
• Create daily, weekly, monthly specials in the cafe.
• Receive stock and unload café supply.
• Ensure staff maintains proper prep levels and stocks deli case/ grab and go effectively.
• Set and control pricing.
• Maintain labeling, pricing sheets, and signage up to date.
• Implement resets and other changes in café layout.
• Hire and fire café staff.
• Nightly on-call (2-close)
II. Management and Worker Collective Duties
• Work line in café 20hr min
• Maintain facility cleanliness.
• Report to board monthly, preparing information as needed or requested.
• Participate in weekly Workers Collective meeting.
• Uphold accountability of fellow managers.
• Train volunteers, wage staff and fellow managers as needed.
• Enforce policies of the Riverwest Co-op.
• Ensure compliance with applicable laws including: health regulations, licenses, permits, labor laws, etc.
III. Customer Service
• Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect.
• Answer questions and concerns of members and customers.
• Address suggestions, and complaints of members, customers and volunteers.
• Incorporate customer requests for different menu and deli items, specials, and grab and go.
IV. Human Resources Coordinator
• Maintain café advertising and promotion.
• Co-ordinate with Board and Staff for co-op community events.
• Plan/coordinate food & equipment for festivals
• Management experience.
• Knowledgeable and skilled in food preparation.
• Ability to work in a volunteer based organization with collective management.
• Ability to develop systems of order/self running programs to make deli/café run.
• Good communication and listening skills.
• Regular predictable attendance.
• Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.