Mission: To expand the business and increase awareness of the Riverwest Co-op and Café.
- Report to the Board of Directors.
- Provide updates on current projects.
- Log spending for Finance Committee.
- Develop marketing plan that will include seasonal specials and events.
- Seek opportunities to publicize the mission of the Riverwest Co-op, and what we have to offer the community.
- Create advertising campaigns.
- Interact with media. Act as the contact for media opportunities and coordinate media events.
- Keep Membership and other committees informed.
- Record minutes of meetings.
- Maintain website and coordinate with staff and other committees to get relevant material to do so.
Philosophy: Using the many outlets and types of media, the communications committee will work ensure the success of the Riverwest Co-op and Café. The biggest strength of the Co-op is its membership and people power. By using these resources, we strive to rely less on mainstream methods to make the Co-op highly visible but with a minimal financial investment.
- Regular meetings to be held and posted. Currently meeting the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month at 7:30 pm.
- Decisions to be made consensual and if necessary presented to the board for approval.
- Recruitment of persons with specific talents for projects deemed necessary.
- Maintain group of volunteer members dedicated to regular meetings and decisions.