Purpose: To ensure smooth daily store operations. Responsible for the ordering, pricing, and budgeting of produce and all other inventory. The Inventory Coordinator has the potential to be a dynamic, collaborative leader; we are seeking somebody with a creative vision for the future of our co-op.
Status: Full-time salaried management position. Reports to Board of Directors. Member of the Workers’ Collective.
I. Inventory Coordination
- Track all stock/put in orders as stock diminishes
- Maintain and strengthen existing vendor relationships while continuing to seek out potential opportunities with new vendors
- Receive stock and unload trucks
- Check all deliveries against packing lists and invoices
- Set and control pricing and sales objectives
- Develop an annual operating budget, accounting for sales and seasonal shifts
- Discontinue stock that has a poor sales record
- Develop a method for tracking inventory
- Stay apprised of trends in food and nutrition
- Receive and incorporate customer requests for new stock items
- Lead quarterly store inventory
II. General Manager Duties
- Count register money and monitor change levels
- Staff register when necessary
- Coordinate bank deposits with other managers
- Create monthly reports for the Board of Directors
- Participate in weekly Workers’ Collective meetings
- Collaborate with co-managers to meet individual department and shared goals, maintain accountability, enforce Riverwest Co-op policies, and identify areas of improvement
- Participate in Finance Committee meetings
- Participation in hiring committees, as needed
- Maintain facility cleanliness and functionality
- Create store sales and promotions
- Maintain and order equipment for display and storage
- Collaborate with paid staff and volunteers
III. Customer Service
- Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect, upholding the co-op’s inclusivity statement
- Answer questions and concerns of members, customers, and volunteers
- Address suggestions and complaints of members, customers and volunteers in a timely manner
- Work well with people of a wide range of skills and personalities
- Experience managing others in a professional environment
- Experience developing and implementing budgets
- Computer literacy, good communication and listening skills
- Ability to work in a volunteer-based organization with collective management
- Willingness to work with people of a wide range of skills and personalities
- Eagerness to take ownership of a position requiring self-direction, reliability, creativity, and accountability
- Knowledge of cooperatives and alternative economic structures
- Experience working with natural foods
V. Salary and Benefits
- Starting wage is $29,120 ($14/hour).
- Paid biweekly.
- Benefits include: vacations, PTO, and flexible schedule.
- Perks include: store discounts, shift meals.
- Email resumes and cover letters to email@example.com