Hiring: Cafe Co-Manager
Café Evening Co-Manager
Purpose: To ensure smooth daily cafe operations. Responsible for café staff performance and food quality.
Status: Full-time salaried management position. Reports to board of directors. Member of the worker’s collective.
- Cafe operations.
- Create daily, weekly, monthly specials in the cafe.
- Receive stock and unload café supply.
- Ensure staff maintains proper prep levels and stocks deli case/ grab and go effectively.
- Set and control pricing.
- Maintain labeling, pricing sheets, and signage up to date.
- Implement resets and other changes in café layout.
- Hire and fire café staff.
- Nightly on-call (2-close)
- Management and Worker Collective Duties
- Work line in café 20hr min
- Maintain facility cleanliness.
- Report to board monthly, preparing information as needed or requested.
- Participate in weekly Workers Collective meeting.
- Uphold accountability of fellow managers.
- Train volunteers, wage staff and fellow managers as needed.
- Enforce policies of the Riverwest Co-op.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws including: health regulations, licenses, permits, labor laws, etc.
III. Customer Service
- Treat people fairly, consistently, and with respect.
- Answer questions and concerns of members and customers.
- Address suggestions, and complaints of members, customers and volunteers.
- Incorporate customer requests for different menu and deli items, specials, and grab and go.
Human Resources Coordinator
- Maintain café advertising and promotion.
- Co-ordinate with Board and Staff for co-op community events.
- Plan/coordinate food & equipment for festivals
- Management experience.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in food preparation.
- Ability to work in a volunteer based organization with collective management.
- Ability to develop systems of order/self running programs to make deli/café run.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
Apply: Please submit resumes to co-op staff or email resumes’ to email@example.com